J'adore "Shoes"



Recently came across an exhibition of French shoes and the showcase of 500 years of passion for shoes in French history.  The sight of beautiful shoes placed on glass cabinets one after another caught my eyes and I could not help but asked if I can take some pictures for momento and to share them on my blog.
 
 

If only I can buy them all!   The extraordinary showcase of vintage French shoes were meticulously put together by Ms. Anne Camilli - Commisaire general, in partnership with the Fédération Française de la Chaussure, and Le French May and company.  The showcase presents the beginning of shoemaking,  how shoes became a fashion statement to the creativity of artful expressions such as signature heels, embellishments, feather adornments, embroidery on boots, mix and matching concepts from nature and elegant beauty.  I can see how feminine and soft these shoes will feel on my feet as I smoothly enter the grand hall of a gala!  
As I was gawking over the lovely shoes, I started to appreciate the hands that made these shoes, the predecessor of the art form of winged heels, fairy tale fantasy-like creations by talented designers/shoemaker like Roger Vivier, Charles Jordan, Christian Louboutin to only name a few.
 

It is indeed every girly girl's dream to be adorned by exquisite shoes everyday.
Wish I could try them all on ...  alors ...
Thank you to the Master shoemakers and designers!
Credits:  FrenchMay.com ; Fédération Française de la Chaussure ; Ms. Anne Camilli

Comments

Popular Posts