Sushi Crave in Dallas


 

I love sushi in all shapes and form. Especially sashimi, that is just the fish itself in raw form without the vinegared rice combo.  It is everything about having a fresh piece of fine fish/sea produce carefully carved by a Master Sushi Chef presented in front of you with style.  Add some Himalayan salt followed by a zip of chilled sake somehow puts me in a gastronomical moment.

I think the enjoyment of raw seafood is not something that you are born with.  It is indeed a learned way.  I was introduced to sushi/sashimi by some Japanese friends while I was still a teenager.  They were family friends visiting and I was just old enough to have raw fish, I guess.  The sight of it was a bit daunting, but I tried it anyways. 
 I dipped the piece of tuna in some sushi soy sauce and Japanese mustard, wasabi.  I almost had a heart attack from the strong effect of the mustard.  I think my heart stopped a beat!  Now, why did I continue eating I do not know, but let me tell you, it is addictive!  I tried all sorts of sashimi such as tuna, salmon, yellow fin, red snapper, sea urchin, clam, octopus, but my favorite is lobster.  After I moved to Dallas, I have been anxiously looking for a good Japanese Sushi place.  Right now, I have only tried a few, and still exploring, but I got attracted to Tei-An when they mentioned hand pulled soba (like noodles), and fresh sushi.  I have to try them out.  The restaurant is situated in the Oaklawn, area in Uptown Dallas within the Art District. 
Tried a bunch of dishes spanning from fried tofu in broth, Wagyu beef, to their famous ramen and of course the sashimi.  I will visit Tei-An again, have a nice cocktail while taking in the lovely atmosphere on their exclusive rooftop sanctuary.






Comments

Popular Posts